Summer is just around the corner, which is when a majority of the U.S. will move. Knowing that, we thought we would kick-off a series called “Beltmann Basics” that will take you some basic things you will need to do in order to prepare for your move ahead.
Let’s start with 2 months out –here are some things you should be thinking about.
- Decide if you want to hire a mover
- Get a copy of the floor plan of your new home
- Decide what you will move vs. what you would like to sell
- Research moving companies
- Select 3-4 and get an in-home estimate (moving quote)
- Compare each quote apples-to-apples
- Research to ensure each are a ProMover
- Make a moving budget
- Discuss moving timeline with your family
- Start connecting with people in your new city/neighborhood
Here are some websites that might help you with the above tasks:
- Find a ProMover: http://www.moving.org/
- Moving Budget Template: http://images.frontdoor.com/FDOOR/packages/moving_guide/FD-Moving-Budget-Worksheet.pdf
- Free quote from us: http://www.beltmann.com/
If you ever having any questions about the moving process, we are always available to help you. You can call us at 888-251-0892, we’re more than just a Chicago-based moving company – we have locations all across the U.S. and networks across the world. We are looking forward to helping you make your next move and easy one!